Shaped Dinner Rolls, soft and rich in taste. This dough is very versatile, that you may form into many diffeent shapes of bread.
- 3 3/4 cup of unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 7g dried yeast (1/2 pack of 11g Mauripan dried yeast)
- 1 egg
- For the egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- For sprinkle:
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seed
- Sift flour and salt into one large bowl, then add castor sugar and yeast. Stir dry mixture until it blend together.
- Add the butter into dry mixture and rub in until the mixture resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre, pour warm milk and egg and mix to a dough. Knead on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with tea towel or clear plastic wrap. Leave rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Turn the dough onto lightly floured surface, punch down the air and knead for 2-5 minutes. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and shape into rolls.
- To make a braids, divide each piece into three equal pieces. Rolls each piece to sausages keeping the length width even. Pinch three strips together at one end, then braid them neatly but not too toghtly. Pinch the end together under the braid.
- Leave raise for 1/2 an hour or until the rolls double in size.
- Mox the egg yolk and water together for the glaze. Brush on top of rolls and sprinkle with your choices of seeds sich as poppy seeds of sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Lift the rolls on the wire rack to cool.